|Location:||S W London/ Richmond|
|Job type:||Full-time, permanent|
We are a young, dynamic and rapidly growing ecommerce development agency based in SW London with some cool clients and great projects.
Due to continued success and growth we are on the lookout for talented Magento developers to join our experienced Magento development team.
About the role
The main element of the role would be to work with other Front-End Developers, Account/Project Managers and the Development Managers, to develop themes, templates and prototypes to match the requirements of the client. You will also be working closely with Back-End Developers to ensure that all work is not developed in isolation.
There is also an opportunity to ‘learn on the job’ and improve skills across the board, learning from other experienced developers within the business. Time is also set aside for working on internal projects, personal improvements and R&D projects.
We see this role eventually growing into a Lead role in the business, that would involve more opportunity to invent and create processes and best practises, as well as becoming more responsible for the overall business output in terms of front-end development as well as being responsible for best practices and the front-end team.
In terms of technology, you will be working on all areas of e-commerce deliveries – from supporting existing Magento 1 websites to brand new Magento 2 website builds, as well as R&D and exploring new technologies like BigCommerce, PWA, etc.
The ideal candidate should have 2+ years commercial experience working as a Front-End Developer, with a focus on high quality and sustainable coding. Having worked with (ideally) either WordPress or Magento the candidate will have experience of fully responsive theme development. The ideal candidate would have a natural interest in the web, and web technologies, with a flair for aesthetics and design.
- Solid understanding and experience of HTML5, CSS (Sass/Less), XML
- Able to fully test across all major browser types (we use BrowserStack for this)
- Good attention to detail, and comfortable with making FE choices when required
- An understanding of UI/UX best practices
- A desire to really grow in Front-end experience, and move career to next level
- An interest in Commerce, and online retail
- Good communication and regular updates are a requirement.
- Previous experience working with responsive frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Any exposure to Magento, WordPress or other PHP frameworks would be useful
- Performance optimisation
- Agency experience
- Having worked with Shopify, BigCommerce, or any PHP eCommerce platforms
- JS testing – both Unit and End-to-End
- Experience working in an Agile environment (we have a mix of Kanban and Sprints for different projects)
- Experience working with Git
- JIRA experience
- Understanding of at least the basics of React, and would like to grow this understanding
- Great multi-tasking, quick on your feet, and calm in a crisis
What you’ll get
If you’re successful in your application, you can look forward to being part of a fun, close-knit team doing great work for some of the greatest British brands. Out team point out that they value the following the most:
- Opportunity to work on well know lifestyle and homeware brands
- Fantastic team environment with ongoing career and training development/budget
- Profit Sharing after 1-year service
- Company Pension
- A friendly a close-knit team
- An excellent work life balance
- Team drinks very Friday at 4:30
- Regular team social events – from meals to activities
- Casual dress code
How to apply
Does this sound like the kind of role you could thrive in? Then send your CV, along with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for this role you must be able to work in the UK and be able to commute to our offices in Richmond on a daily basis.
If you have any questions or want more information on the role, you can call us on 020 8335 6611.